Data Quality Index Consultation Update (14 June 2022)
Many thanks to the IATI community for your participation in the first two parts of the Data Quality Index methodology consultation: (1) Timeliness and Validation and (2) Data Completeness. The comments from the community via Connect and in the two consultation webinars have provided a wide range of perspectives on what should be measured and how.
UPDATE 14 June 2022
- The consultation pages for Timeliness, Frequency and Validation as well as Data Completeness will be left open for additional comments following the official close of the consultation, however consultation pages will not be actively monitored or moderated. See below for further instructions.
- The third phase of the consultation on Weights and Measures is currently postponed whilst the IATI Secretariat reflects on how the initial methodology should be updated to meet the needs expressed across our diverse publishers and data users. Specifically there will be careful consideration on how to resolve issues on divergent views on the methodology.
Many thanks for all participation in the DQI so far and stay updated on the next stages and dates of the consultation here. Access below all webinar recordings, comments and documentation posted on the DQI consultation to date.
What is this Consultation about?
As part of the IATI Strategic Plan (2020-2025), our initiative is committed to supporting organisations to publish high-quality IATI data. To help achieve this, and in response to a request from IATI members, a set of revised data quality measures is being developed, to underscore 'what good quality data looks like' for IATI’s more than 1,300 publishers. These measures will form the basis of a 'Data Quality Index', which will allow publishers to better understand their successes and challenges along the IATI data quality journey, and help ensure their data can be used by intended beneficiaries at the country level.
How can I engage?
This second part of the Data Quality Index Consultation is divided into three parts:
(1) Timeliness and Validation => Read the Summary
(2) Data Completeness => Read the Summary
(3) Weights and Measures => POSTPONED
For the first two, participants need a good level of understanding and knowledge of the IATI Standard. The third part does not require technical knowledge and will look at assigning significance to each measure and how these can be used to form a summary. The IATI Secretariat will hold webinars for each part of the Consultation to explain the process, measures and how to engage.
Instructions for submitting your feedback:
- The Timeliness and Validation and Data Completeness Discussions are still open for your feedback, although not actively moderated at this point;
- Share your feedback through the comment box in the Discussion thread (accessible through the subsections / yellow buttons above);
Although there will not be active moderation from this point, we still welcome any feedback on the Timeliness and Validation (1) and Data Completeness (2)-discussions.
Click on the buttons below to access each of the subsections on Timeliness and Validation.
Click on the buttons below to access each of the subsections on Data Completeness.
Want to know more?
- Watch the recordings and presentation of Webinar 1 on Timeliness and Validation here or read the summary here.
- Watch the recordings and presentation of Webinar 2 on Data Completeness here or read the summary here.
- Or check out other useful DQI-resources: