FAQ IATI Members' Assembly and Community Exchange
IATI Members' Assembly and Community Exchange
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IATI is hosting an in-person Members' Assembly and Community Exchange from 13-16 March in Copenhagen, Denmark. You can find answers to frequently asked questions on this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently, and/or find the latest news via the MA / Community Exchange Event page. Tip: make sure to click the 'Follow Content'-button on the Event page to receive notifications whenever we post an update!
Latest update: 10 March 2023.
There are two options to access the program for both the Members' Assembly and Community Exchange:
- On the Zoom Events Space all registrants (both for online and in-person attendance) can explore upcoming Sessions and Speakers. You access the Zoom Events Space through your personalised Ticket (received via firstname.lastname@example.org) or using this link;
- Or you can find the Members Assembly Agenda (here) and Papers (here). For the Community Exchange program please check this .pdf-version.
To access the Zoom Events Space or join the meetings live online you will need your virtual Zoom Ticket (which was sent to you via email@example.com) This Ticket will be resend 24 hours before the event to both in-person and online attendees, and grants everyone (both in-person and online registrants) personalised access to the secure online Lobby and Sessions.
- Attention: for those joining the Caucus-meeting online (13 March, 16:15 - 18:00 CET), please check the Caucus-Session description on the Zoom Events Space where you will find a secure meeting-link;
If you did not receive your Zoom Ticket, or have issues with accessing the IATI Zoom Event space, please:
- Contact Zoom technical support via firstname.lastname@example.org (please write ‘IATI MA/CE’ in subject line, and CC: email@example.com)
- Or call the ‘troubleshooting hotline’ via +49 30 1663773891 (DE) / UK: +44 20 3334 9492 (UK) / +1 773-232-7499 (US) during the following event-hours (CET time zone): 13 March (12:15-13:15) / 14 March (08:30-09:30) / 15 March (08:15-09:15) / 16 March (08:45-09:15).
The Members' Assembly (open to IATI members only) and Community Exchange (open to all) will be hosted in-person at UN City in Copenhagen, although some sessions will also be made accessible online via the Zoom Events Space. All participants (both in-person and online) will have access to the Zoom Events Space to explore Sessions and Speakers.
See below how to join a session:
For in-person attendees: all sessions will be hosted at UN City (Marmorvej 51) in Copenhagen. Find more information on how to reach UN City via this logistical note.
For online participants: make sure to hold onto your virtual Zoom-Ticket (received via firstname.lastname@example.org on 1 March) which grants you personalised access to the secure online Lobby and Sessions.
In case of any issues related to your Zoom access, or you did not receive a Ticket, please reach-out to email@example.com.
IATI’s Members’ Assembly (MA) is a recurrent annual event that brings together all IATI member organizations (do note that the MA is only open to IATI members). Before the actual MA (14 March) there are several constituency-based meetings (caucuses), which will be hosted at UN City on 13 March (afternoon). The main objectives of the MA are:
- To discuss and approve recommendations by the Governing Board on strategic direction and oversight of the Strategic Plan thereby ensuring that IATI continues to support its members in meeting their global transparency commitments.
- To support a wide range of stakeholders within the development cooperation architecture and ensure that the IATI Standard continues to evolve to meet the requirements of all stakeholders.
- To ensure that IATI meets the needs of key users of information, in particular partner countries and civil society;
- To ensure that IATI builds on and adds value to existing national and global systems and standards that seek to improve the transparency of resources available for development.
The Community Exchange is a hybrid networking event to facilitate an open and constructive dialogue between different actors of the wider IATI Community. Everyone with an interest in transparency and open data is invited to join or (co-)host sessions. The Community Exchange will take place on 15 and 16 March. The main objectives are:
- To raise the profile of IATI within the international development and open data communities, demonstrating the key role of development cooperation data for the achievement of better development outcomes, national priorities, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To share learning based on practical experiences, which fosters a better understanding of applying modern technologies and resolving aid transparency-related challenges.
- To facilitate dialogue between different actors and stakeholder groups within the IATI community, encompassing technical and policy experts, and open data and transparency advocates and organizations.
- To provide space for different Communities of Practice to meet amongst themselves as a culmination of the first year of their work.
- To strengthen and expand the network of IATI partners and stakeholder organizations.
The Caucuses and the Members' Assembly days (13-14 March) are only open to official IATI member organizations (see the list here). Each organization may send more than one participant, subject to capacity at UN City. Do note that each organization will have one official representative who is eligible to vote.
The Community Exchange (15-16 March) is open to everyone with an interest in IATI, or transparency at large.
There are several hotels available in the vicinity of UN City in Copenhagen. The suggested hotels can be found below. Please note that hotels are not pre-booked, and each participant is responsible for arranging their own accommodation during the event.
For more information on logistics, please reach-out to Secretariat-colleague Maria Molsa via firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the suggested hotels in Copenhagen including contact information:
Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergade
Borgergade 9-13, 1300 Copenhagen K
Air Distance from UN City: 1,5km
Tel: +45 4480 0090
Wakeup Copenhagen Bernstorffsgad
Bernstorffsgade 37, 1577 Copenhagen V
Air Distance from UN city: 3.1km
Tel: +45 4480 0110
Wakeup CPH, Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11, 1577 Copenhagen V
Air Distance from UN city: 3.1km
Tel: +45 4480 0000
Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen
Amerika Plads 7, 2100 Copenhagen OE
Air Distance from UN city: 1.0km
Tel: +45 88 19 36 51
Hjørringgade 12C. 2100 København Ø
Air Distance from UN city: 1.0km
Tel: +45 35 27 15 00
Murmanskgade 15, 2150 Nordhavn
Air Distance from UN city: 0.3km
Tel: +45 72 44 44 34
Kalvebod Brygge 53, 1560 Copenhagen V
Air Distance from UN city: 4.0km
71 Nyhavn Hotel
Nyhavn 71, 1051 Copenhagen K
Air Distance from UN city: 1.8km
First Hotel Østerport
Oslo Plads 5, DK 2100 Copenhagen
Air Distance from UN city: 1.9km
Tel: +45 7012 4646
Farimagsgade 9, 1606 Copenhagen V
Air Distance from UN city: 2.7km
There are no longer COVID-19 restrictions in Denmark. Get an overview of current regulations and advice via this page
Health insurance: please note that your travel includes basic medical insurance, which will cover medical expenses. Please note that this insurance will cover medical expenses, but will not cover any additional expenses due to extension of your hotel accommodation / daily needs. As such, you may wish to consider purchasing third-party travel insurance, but please note that IATI will not be able to reimburse you for this insurance.
Coffee and tea will be provided during the meeting days, as well as lunch. Participants will be responsible for securing and paying all other meals. During the event you can inquire at the IATI Information Desk at UN City to get some advice on where to eat in Copenhagen.
For any further questions related to the Members' Assembly or Community Exchange please reach-out to the IATI Secretariat:
- Questions about the Community Exchange / Market / overall program: email@example.com;
- Questions about the Members' Assembly: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Logistical questions: email@example.com;