This proposal is part of the 2.03 upgrade process, please comment by replying below.
**Schema Object** iati-activity/participating-org
**Type of Change** Add attribute and codelist
**Issue** The IATI standard is meant to be fully compatible with OECD DAC CRS++ reporting directives. While the IATI OrganisationType codelist is similar to the generic CRS channel codes they are not the same and it is therefore not possible to derive CRS++ from IATI data.
- Add attribute participating-org/@crs-channel-code
- Occurrence: min = 0; max = 1
- Definition: Under CRS++ Reporting Directives this code identifies the implementing agency. Codes ending in ‘00’ are generic and are similar to the [OrganisationType](http://iatistandard.org/202/codelists/OrganisationType/) code.
- Rule: Must contain a valid value from the CRSChannelCode codelist.
- Add a non-embedded codelist : CRSChannelCode
- Values are from latest published DAC and CRS code lists published [here](http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/dacandcrscodelists.htm).
**Standards Day** An option to harmonise DAC Channels and IATI Organisation types was rejected. The above proposal was accepted subject to further consultation.